Microsoft 365 Business Voice is a cloud-based phone system built for small and medium sized businesses. It enables users to make, receive, and transfer calls to and from landlines and mobile phones on the public switched telephone network (PSTN) in Microsoft Teams.
Who is Microsoft 365 Voice intended for?
It’s designed for small and medium businesses using Office 365 or Microsoft 365 that are seeking a modern phone system. Business Voice can be added onto Office 365 or Microsoft 365 subscriptions that include Microsoft Teams; qualifying plans include Office 365 Business Essentials, Business Premium, E1, E3, A3, or A3; Microsoft 365 Business, E3, or A3. You can purchase up to 300 seats of Business Voice. If your company has more than 300 users, speak to us.
What is included in Microsoft 365 Voice?
- Business Voice includes a phone system, domestic calling plan, and audio conferencing.
- A prepaid wallet (known as communications credits) is available for adding toll-free, additional minutes, & other pay-per-minute charges.
- An optional international calling plan that includes 600 minutes/user/month can be purchased as an add-on to Business Voice.
Where is Microsoft Business Voice available
Businesses operating in the UK and Canada can purchase Business Voice. Over time, Business Voice will be rolled out to additional countries.
Can I use my existing phone numbers?
Yes, you can transfer your phone numbers from your current service provider to Business Voice. After you port your phone numbers over, Microsoft will become your service provider.
Can I bring my own calling plan?
Yes, customers can work with their Microsoft partner to bring their own calling plan. A configuration called allows customers to connect voice trunks directly from their network to Microsoft Teams or interconnect 3rd party telephony entities such as call centers or analog devices. The Microsoft 365 Business Voice (without calling plan) subscription is specifically designed for this situation. Contact your partner and ask them if they are offering it.
What phones are supported?
Microsoft 365 Business Voice is experienced through the Microsoft Teams applications. Devices certified for Teams, provides a seamless Teams experience on desk phones, conference phones, and meeting room systems. For available devices check out the Microsoft Teams Devices Marketplace. Business Voice works with devices which certified for Skype for Business with features in this list. In 2023, these devices will no longer work with Business Voice.
Microsoft 365 Business Voice includes:
- Cloud-based phone system with advanced features including call transfer, multi-level auto attendants, and call queues.
- Domestic calling plan including 1,200 minutes1 per user within UK.
- Dial-in audio conferencing for up to 250 people per meeting.
- Call from anywhere, on any device through the Microsoft Teams app on desktop, mobile, web, and desk phones.
- 24x7 customer support, backed by Microsoft.
Business Voice requires an Office 365 subscription that includes Microsoft Teams2. It is an add-on subscription for up to 300 users, that cannot be used standalone.
1. Included minutes are pooled at the tenant level. Additional minutes will be charged per minute using Communications Credits
2. Can add-on to a qualifying Office 365 or Microsoft 365 subscription for a maximum of 300 seats. Qualifying plans include: Office 365 Business Essentials, Business Premium, E1, E3, A1, or A3; Microsoft 365 Business, E3, or A3.
To have a detailed chat about Microsoft 365 Business Voice calls and if it could help your business, call 01625 531413.
Microsoft 365 Business Voice
with calling plan
Microsoft 365 Business Voice
without calling plan
Find out more about how to record Microsoft Teams with ClarifyGo or call us on 01625 531413